Job Title: Building and Community Manager
Organisation: Custom Lane
Location: Leith, Edinburgh
Summary: Located in the heart of Leith, Custom Lane is a series of creative spaces dedicated to supporting emerging and established designers, makers and creatives in Scotland. We are seeking a Building and Community Manager to join our team and contribute to Custom Lane’s continued growth and development. The role involves supporting the Directors in overseeing day to day operations across our three buildings in Leith, fostering a vibrant community, and providing a platform for creative collaboration and professional growth.
Qualifications and Skills:
The role calls for a highly adaptive and proactive individual with a passion for community, strong interpersonal skills and robust organisational abilities. An interest in, and knowledge of the design, craft and creative industries is essential and experience in a public-facing management role valued. As part of a small team tasked with nurturing a larger community, candidates must be flexible and responsive to a variety of tasks, challenges and opportunities.
Proficiency in the following would be of value:
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Autodesk Suite
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Hours may vary depending on programmed activities and events.
- Oversee the maintenance, security and cleanliness of the building and ensure that it remains a safe, comfortable and inspiring space for our residents, visitors and hirers.
- Coordinate necessary building and facility maintenance, repairs, and improvements
- Ensure the effective operation of hardware, software and building utilities such as heating, power internet and alarm systems.
- Cultivate a supportive and collaborative atmosphere among residents.
- Manage and oversee community activities.
- Support in the management and promotion of Custom Lane and partner events.
- Facilitate connections and collaborations among designers and makers.
- Act as a representative of Custom Lane to prospective residents, clients, collaborators, and the public.
Studio Community Management:
- Serve as the primary day-to-day point of contact for residents and landlords.
- Facilitate resident onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Foster positive tenant relationships and work to resolve any issues that arise.
- Support in the promotion of available desks, studios and events to grow our creative community.
- Welcome visitors to the space, manage telephone and email enquiries and receive deliveries.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Establish and implement emergency response protocols.
- Promote a culture of safety and well-being among residents.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Custom Lane, 1 Customs Wharf, Edinburgh, EH6 6AL.
Applications close at 1pm on Wednesday 4th October.